How to become a customer in OBOS-banken
Here you will find the information you need to become a customer in OBOS-banken.
Please note that OBOS-banken is a fully Norwegian bank. That implies that all information you will receive from us is written solely in Norwegian.
Become a customer with BankID
If you already have BankID from another Norwegian bank you can use your BankID to become a customer and open an account. You must be over 18 years old. You will get access to our internet banking services right away.
Become a customer with BankID (Choose "Registrer deg med BankID")
Become a customer without BankID
If you do not have BankID you can still become a customer and open an account with us by following the steps below. You also need to fill out the online form by following the link below.
To become a customer, you need to either have a Norwegian national identity number, or D number and a non-Norwegian passport. You also need to be registered with a Norwegian home address in the National Population Register.
- Complete the online form to become a customer.
Fill out the form
- After you have completed the form you will need to send us a copy of the following documents:
- Valid Passport.
- Confirmation of your Norwegian national identity number or D number.
- Documentation of income (work contract, tax card, student card, or documentation from NAV).
- Bank Reference Letter written in English from a bank you have used in Norway or your home country. The letter must include your name, ID number, address, how long you have had an account and a description of your relationship with the bank.
- Valid Norwegian residence permit. This requirement does not apply to EEA citizens.